tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGImageEncoder
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:07:28 GMT
On 12/12/06, Mon Cab <futon33@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I will research how to uninstall gnu and install sun sdk.

I suggest you not worry about the existing gnu java -- all you have
to do is:
1) download the Sun JDK
2) install it -- I prefer somewhere specific like /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_06/
    so I know exactly what I've got, and can install upgrades in parallel
    without affecting existing installs; YMMV of course
3) set JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME properly in your Tomcat startup
    scripts and in your own shell initialization files, e.g. .bashrc, and
    include them in your PATH, something like (.bashrc example)

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.5.0_06
export JRE_HOME=$JAVA_HOME/jre
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$JRE_HOME/bin: ... all your other path entries ...

HTH,