tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Len Popp" <len.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web spiders - disabling jsessionid
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 01:10:00 GMT
On 12/3/06, Rashmi Rubdi <dev_subscriptions@yahoo.com> wrote:
> No , I'm using Tomcat 5.5. And I've omitted the cookies attribute of Context in my Tomcat
settings.

> And Googlebot or any other bot is accessing the URLs just fine (that is without the jsessionid
).

> When I look in the server access logs, jsessionid is *not being appended* at the end
of the URL, for Googlebot or other bots.

That's different from what I'm seeing. Before I disabled URL
rewriting, every single hit on my site from the Google bot had a
jsessionid in the URL. I don't have the "cookies" attribute in my
<Context>, and session cookies work properly when the site is accessed
by a browser with cookies enabled.
--
Len