tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: TOMCAT 1.4
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 07:41:25 GMT
Tomcat is typically installed as a service using commons-daemon from
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon.  As  a result, it's process
name in any install I've done is jsvc.  You might also see it as java if
you start it using a shell script directly.  Individual netstat commands
change from os to os, but in Mandriva Linux, executing netstat -tlnp as
root will list all the listening TCP ports and the process names.
Something similar might help you identify both your tomcat process when
running and what's listening on port 8080.

--David