tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Tonhofer <d.tonho...@m-plify.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Will you install VISTA? (NO, I keep my W2K)
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:20:50 GMT

>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't want to start a flame war on microsoft or something, but I
>> stubbled on this article and was quite shocked what vista really is...
>> Maybe you will be shocked as well, maybe you don't care, but it's
>> worth reading anyway :-)
>>
>> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt
>>
>> regards and happy new year!
>>
>> Leon

I see the article on Vista's DRM madness is making its round. It's a
weird world when a company
mainly renowned for issuing some consumer-level operating system code at
monopoly prices starts
to mandate hardware systems that are able to resist a Cylon hack attack
or that will self-destruct if
all else fails ... but still no-one bothers to keep your credit card
numbers secure. This is going to
get interesting.

Happy new year and keep those Tomcats coming!

-- David