tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Cooper <alan.coo...@lumison.net>
Subject Deploying war files to subdir contexts through web Manager
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:40:32 GMT
Hi,
          I would like to deploy war files through the Manager
application but I am having difficulty setting a COntext path that is
not in the root folder.

E.g., I have a war file called monitoring.war - I can deploy this as
"http://servername.com/monitoring" no problem, but as I'm using Tomcat
behind apache using JkMounts, I really want to deploy to
/ejava/monitoring/ as everything under /ejava os mounted.

Can I do this only using the war deployer or am I back to manually
configuring context paths through server.xml?

web.xml I'm currently using that isn't doing what I want it to......

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN
" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<web-app>

    <display-name>Lumison Monitoring App</display-name>
    <description>
        This is a simple web application containing a single servlet
        of the "Hello, World" variety.
    </description>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>Monitoring</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>Monitoring</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Monitoring</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ejava/monitoring</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>