tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Abid Hussain <abid.huss...@abid76.de>
Subject using a dll in a webapp
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:00:34 GMT
Hi everybody,

I want to establish a connection to a serial port from my webapp by
using the javax.comm package which uses the win32com.dll (on windows
systems).

In most cases, it seems to be the common way to place the dll in the
<jre>/bin directory. But I want to have all needed libraries in my
webapp directory.

Therefore, I resolve the path of the dll in my webapp:
String win32com = new
File(this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("win32com.dll").toURI()).getPath();

Now, I add the path to the java.library.path property:
System.setProperty("java.library.path",
System.getProperty("java.library.path") + File.pathSeparator + win32com);

When I now output the java.library.path on the console (using
System.getProperty("java.library.path")) the dll is in the path.

Now, I try to load the dll:
System.loadLibrary("win32com.dll");

And this fails. The Error message is:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no win32com.dll in java.library.path

I wonder how it's possible that the dll seems not to be in the
java.library.path although I just added it - has anybody an idea?

Thanks a lot for helping.

Best regards,

Abid

--