tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>
Subject Re: Webapp with Adminstrative Console
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:15:51 GMT
chuanjiang lo wrote:
> I am having a web application that have some config files(.ini) that
> contains some settings so that during runtime the servlet would take the
> settings from the config file and perform some action.
>
> Together with the web application, there is an adminstrator console that
> allows user to change the settings of the config file . I realize that if
> the config file is changed, i would need to restart Tomcat as such my
> servlet would read in the changed settings.
I'd redesign the app. Of course you'll need time and source code for
this ;-)

Since you're using a servlet to read config files, just map it to some
URL and call it to reload configuration.

You could also use JMX to change configuration at runtime. Spring has
nice JMX support.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski      <miki@ceti.pl>        http://ceti.pl/~miki/
                    PGP KeyID: 8b12ab02