tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dhaval Patel <dhava...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: run service in jdk 6
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:33:54 GMT
I just installed 5.5.20 with JDK 1.6.0 on Windows XP. Run smooth as service. No problem at
all.
Following is my configuration:

(1) Install java in c:\jdk1.6.0. Also set JAVA_HOME
(2) While installing tomcat, it detected jre from c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0 and installed
Tomcat in c:\Tomcat5.5
(3) Start menu tomcat entries created as they were. Everything works out of box. Though my
service
is manual. But I don't think that makes big difference.

Hope it helps. Try reinstalling java. Also please check your java installation is correct.
One
good way to test is see if you can able to run Netbeans correctly.

Regards,