tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bijan Vakili" <>
Subject Help: Enabling SSL
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:48:21 GMT
Hi everyone,

I follows the instructions on the Tomcat website for enabling SSL:

However, if I attempt to connect from the local host as follows:

https://localhost:8443 <https://localhost:8443/>

The server just stalls.  The log output does not provide any useful
information.  However, connecting without SSL on this port
(http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/> ) seems to work
(although I have no idea why?)

Is there any additional set that needs to be performed for enabling SSL
that is not displayed on the above page?

Bijan Vakili

Senior Software Developer

Cryptologic Inc.

55 St-Clair W, 3rd floor, Toronto, Ontario, M4V 2Y7
Phone 416.545-1455 Ext 5892

SKYPE: bijanvakili

This message, including any attachments, is confidential and/or
privileged and contains information intended only for the person(s)
named above. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and
permanently delete the original transmission from all of your systems
and hard drives, including any attachments, without making a copy.