tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sachinpatel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.20 context configuration.
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:14:00 GMT
I have a directory webapps/ABC2 in tomcat 5.5.20
I want to access it using http://localhost:8080/ABC instead of http://localhost:8080/ABC2

here is the problem I get.

when I put ABC.xml in conf/catalina/localhost directory and start tomcat, I get following
error.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5/webapps/ABC does
not exist or is not a readable directory

when I put ABC3.xml in conf/catalina/localhost direcoty and add path="ABC" in there, I don't
get any error, but the path is not effective. it still works on http://localhost:8080/ABC2
instead of http://localhost:8080/ABC

Is it possible to configure different context then the docbase?

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index