tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "JiaDong Huang" <jhuan...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject RE: Minimum requirement to run/test the Tomcat Cluster
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 06:27:23 GMT
I have set up my own DNS server to have a play. My Tomcat cluster works
well, including my Database Web App.

Dong

-----Original Message-----
From: JiaDong Huang [mailto:jhuang64@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 December 2006 1:09 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Minimum requirement to run/test the Tomcat Cluster

Hi,

I would like to have a run/test with the Tomcat Cluster.

Is that possible to setup the Tomcat Cluster without changing the DNS
server, for the DNS Round Robin feature?

I am wondering the functionality like load balancing and URL redirect within
Tomcat itself might be able to support/configure for this purpose. Does
Tomcat failover detection purely rely on DNS Round Robin?

Any simplest and workable sample would be much appreciated.

Dong