tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rashmi Rubdi <dev_subscripti...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Web spiders - disabling jsessionid
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 01:37:35 GMT
I don't know because this problem doesn't happen in my case, on 2 different web applications.

Bryce should really test his case by setting cookies="true" or remove the cookies attribute
and test his links with Xenu to see if he still gets jsessionid with Xenu.

----- Original Message ----
From: Len Popp <len.popp@gmail.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2006 8:10:00 PM
Subject: Re: Web spiders - disabling jsessionid

> No , I'm using Tomcat 5.5. And I've omitted the cookies attribute of Context in my Tomcat
settings.

> And Googlebot or any other bot is accessing the URLs just fine (that is without the jsessionid
).

> When I look in the server access logs, jsessionid is *not being appended* at the end
of the URL, for Googlebot or other bots.

That's different from what I'm seeing. Before I disabled URL
rewriting, every single hit on my site from the Google bot had a
jsessionid in the URL. I don't have the "cookies" attribute in my
<Context>, and session cookies work properly when the site is accessed
by a browser with cookies enabled.
--
Len