tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Siebenmann" <>
Subject service.bat --User and --Password???
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 13:39:33 GMT

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup Tomcat's service.bat so that it can run the service under a user account,
in Windows.

I've already looked at "Windows service HOW-TO", and it seems to say
that you can only use --User and --Password when the --StartMode is
"java" or "exe", but the problem is that default service.bat is setup
to use "jvm". I'm using Tomcat as a webserver for my application,
so I think I need it to use "jvm".

It seems like I can't use the service.bat settings to get it to
work right..

Do I need to use JavaService to get everything setup right so that
can be run as a service AND be able to run under a user account??

What about using procrun?

I need to be able to programmatically set it up, so I can't use
any GUI.

Joe S.

Join Excite! -

To start a new topic, e-mail: