tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rashmi Rubdi <dev_subscripti...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Web spiders - disabling jsessionid
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:56:08 GMT
----- Original Message ----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com

>> There's no jsessionid appended at the end of URLs that the
>> bot requests.

>Depends on what the value of the cookies attribute for the <Context> is;
>if false, or the app chooses to rewrite the URL with it, you'll see the
>JSESSIONID (in caps) appended.

>- Chuck

You are right.

I haven't set the cookies attribute for <Context , it's absent. According to the docs here
it says the defualt value for cookies attribute is "true".
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html This is why JSESSIONID doesn't
appear at the end of the URLs when Googlebot or a browser accesses the URLs.

This is how my Context was set up originally before I switched to virtual hosts. But in either
case JSESSIONID doesn't appear at the end of the URL.
<Context docBase="C:\dev\projects\project01\__source"
         privileged="false" antiResourceLocking="false" antiJARLocking="false" crossContext="false"
reloadable="true" cachingAllowed="false" >

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager" saveOnRestart="false"/>
<!-- The above is to prevent this error: SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions:
java.io.EOFException -->
</Context>

I think then, setting cookies to "true", or simply leaving out the cookies attribute should
solve the original poster's problem with disabling JSESSIONID