tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Omar Adobati" <omar.adob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MemoryRealm problems!
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:31:16 GMT
On 12/5/06, Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
> > From: Omar Adobati [mailto:omar.adobati@gmail.com]
> > Subject: MemoryRealm problems!
> >
> > I put it into the $MY_APP/META-INF directory, but it seems to
> > be ignored.
>
> Does the file $(catalina.home)/conf/[engine]/[host]/Apps.xml exist?  If
> so, it will override the $MY_APP/META-INF/context.xml file.  (That's
> assuming you're on 5.5 - you didn't bother to tell us what level of
> Tomcat you're using.)

I'm using Tomocat 5.5 (I'm sorry to forget about this). And, NO, the
$(catalina.home)/conf/[engine]/[host]/Apps.xml file don't exists...
I still forget to tell that I have done NO changes in any other tomcat
configuration file.

> > <Context>
> > <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
> >        pathName="${catalina.home}/webapps/Apps/WEB-INF/ML-users.xml"
> > />
> >
> > <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
> > prefix="${catalina.home}/webapps/Apps/WEB-INF/logs/ML_access_log."
> > suffix=".txt"  pattern="common"
> > />
> > </Context>
>
> The intent of the servlet spec is to have webapps be read-only, so
> writing a log to a file within the deployed webapp is a somewhat
> questionable practice.

You right, I know... I just try to configure it there to test the
path... but it seems to don't work.