tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Collett <dana...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Webapps inexplicably losing access to common/shared classloaders
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:07:58 GMT
On Dec 1, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> Agreed, not if this is all happening within one process.  Any chance
> some thread in one of your webapps is changing the current
> directory for
> the process?  That can result in rather strange and erratic behavior,
> depending on which classloaders have already opened the libraries of
> interest.

I don't think so...the problem happens right as it tries to load my
primary webapp:

Dec 1, 2006 8:54:05 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory WCMS-Online
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
(SecureClassLoader.java:124)

Also, changing the current directory isn't something I know how to do
offhand, nor something I think I've ever had a project do, so I don't
know how it would be happening...

Aside from my primary webapp, and a second one (which loads
afterwards, and is actually in a separate <Host>), all the webapps
are Tomcat's standard-shipped ones...

Timothy Collett

--

"You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants
don't help"