tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Collett <dana...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Webapps inexplicably losing access to common/shared classloaders
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:44:28 GMT
On Dec 1, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> Do you have servlet-api.jar in more than one place?  It must only
> be in
> common/lib, and nowhere else.  You can also get the above error if
> HttpServlet.class is packaged in some other jar.

Nope, it's only there.  I even unzipped every single jar in the
webapp's WEB-INF folder to see if any of them had HttpServlet.class
in them, and they didn't...

Also, it wouldn't explain why my other webapp is unable to see the
MySQL driver jar in its own WEB-INF/lib folder...

Also, another interesting update: I downloaded Eclipse and the Sysdeo
Tomcat plugin, to see if I could debug the problem, and starting
Tomcat from within Eclipse doesn't seem to trigger the problem--at
least not yet.

Timothy Collett

--

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it."
--Buffy Anne Summers