tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Collett <dana...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Webapps inexplicably losing access to common/shared classloaders
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:53:35 GMT
On Dec 1, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: Timothy Collett [mailto:danaris@mac.com]
>> Subject: Re: Webapps inexplicably losing access to
>> common/shared classloaders
>>
>> Now, this seems to happen *every* time I stop and restart Tomcat...
>
> Does anything happen to the access permissions or other security
> attributes of the common and shared directories (and sub-directories)
> while Tomcat is running?  And perhaps these are restored to normal
> when
> the system is rebooted?  Are there any symlinks involved?

There are no symlinks involved, I'm 95% sure nothing happens to the
permissions--and different webapps are seeing different things!

One webapp (my main one) cannot see servlet-api.jar in common/lib.
Another cannot see the MySQL driver jar in its WEB-INF/lib folder,
but *can* see servlet-api.jar.
The provided webapps (eg, servlets-examples) seem to work just fine.

I did check, but I don't see how any permissions setup could possibly
create this situation...

Timothy Collett

--

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple,
and wrong.