tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Johannes <johan...@idg.nu>
Subject Tomcat authenticate with Active directory
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 11:54:33 GMT
I have a webapp that I want to protect the best way possible.
Our environment has previously been Windows and still are but our new system is running tomcat
5.0.

Now I would like to protect one part of our setup with login from our Windows 2003 Active
directory domain server when there is a lot of people that is going to access this webapp.
But still it need to be secure!
Found some some information here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html
Section JNDIRealm

But without any previous experience with LDAP connections I have no clue how to get this to
work.
I'w tried searching for a good tutorial/guide how to make this happen step by step but without
success.

Have this been done by anyone here that could give me some help setting this up. Or can direct
me to a good step by step tutorial to get this up and running?

~Johannes