tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Debianito <the.universal...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem using Flush method from PrintWriter class on tomcat5.0.30
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:48:36 GMT
Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks in advance for bringing me a bit of your time.

I had an app built using j2se 1.5.0 which, in some part of it some
data must be exchanged by the user with an external resource throw a
browser form (and it takes some time to post the data), so  it
generates a dynamic html that says "On progress". As I already said on
the subject, I'm using /flush/ method from PrintWriter class to
generate this message

Everything worked perfect till I move it to the actual version of
tomcat5 on Debian Testing system, which is 5.0.30-12, on tomcat
5.0.30-10 it stills working.

I paste the most relevant calls just in case you might had have this
problem too:

public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException, IOException {

response.setContentType("text/html");
PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(response.getOutputStream());
[...]
out.println(htmlOnProgress);
out.flush();
[the exchange action that takes long goes right here]
[...]

Thanks all in advance,

HaggisMcMutton