tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hawkins, Mark \(ASPIRE\)" <mark.hawk...@hmrcaspire.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 Embedded + reloading and unpacking WAR files.
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:47:36 GMT
I'm using TC 5.5 Embedded and have been trying to understand if / how it is possible to deploy
a WAR file - by dropping the file in to the container as you do with standalone, producing
the same auto-extract - auto reload behaviour. I cannot find help in the documentation for
this. Using the standalone server.xml configuration as a reference:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

should equate to:

host = embedded.createHost("localhost",getContainerPath()+"/webapps");
host.setAutoDeploy(true);
host.setXmlValidation(true);

// However, this method or similar does not exist ..
host.setUnpackWARS(true);

Am I missing the point here .. do I have to provide my own auto-unpack / reload mechanism?
In Tomcat 4 and previous we had:

Deployer deploy = (Deployer) host;
deploy.install(contextPath,warFile);

but that is no longer provided in TC5.5 ... so what is the preferred approach?? Where does
the auto-deploy / auto extract come from in Standalone versions?

.. Mark