tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <>
Subject Re: AW: Multiple paths to one application
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:08:48 GMT

I hope that this is not really the reason why you want two paths to
the application?

Tomcat has user authentication built in!? Why not use it?! Otherwise,
some smart user is
going to have the idea of connecting directly to your tomcat instance...

If you have 'two' copies of the same web app, you may also end up
with other side-effects, depending on how the thing works....
... Two copies using the same database, when they each believe that
they are the only one connected! :-)

On 02/11/2006, at 4:01 PM, Peter Neu wrote:

> This means when I configure it like this it makes no difference to
> just
> deploying the same application twice with different paths, right?
> My problem is that I have parts of my application which are
> restricted and
> I just want to filter the path requests with the httpd server which
> sits
> in front of tomcat so that I don't to configure any additional realms.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: