tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat-5.5.20 tld listeners from jars only from .../tomcat/common/lib?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:01:53 GMT
Hi Zsolt-

Straight from the doc
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html
If you're using webappX classloader the search order is
  a.. Bootstrap classes of your JVM
  b.. System class loader classses (described above)
    a.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar - Contains the main() method that is used to initialize
the Tomcat 5 server, and the class loader implementation classes it depends on.
    b.. $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar - Contains the "javac" compiler used to convert JSP pages
into servlet classes.
    c.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-logging-api.jar - Jakarta commons logging API.
    d.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar - Jakarta commons daemon API.
    e.. jmx.jar - The JMX 1.2 implementation.
  c.. /WEB-INF/classes of your web application
  d.. /WEB-INF/lib/*.jar of your web application
  e.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes
  f.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed/*.jar
  g.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/i18n/*.jar
  h.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/*.jar
  i.. $CATALINA_BASE/shared/classes
  j.. $CATALINA_BASE/shared/lib/*.jar

  Martin--
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information
for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of it or its
contents