tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Webapp runs on Tomcat 5.5.9 but not 5.5.20
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:10:49 GMT
> From: John Langan [mailto:langanj@homes.com]
> Subject: RE: Webapp runs on Tomcat 5.5.9 but not 5.5.20
>
> I have META-INF/context.xml in my app, which contains the following.
> <Context path="AppName" debug="1" reloadable="true">
> 	<!-- Default set of monitored resources -->
> 	<WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>
> 	<WatchedResource>META-INF/context.xml</WatchedResource>
> <!--Database info -->
> </Context>

The path attribute should be removed, since its value is derived from
the name of the .war file or directory in which the app is deployed.  To
quote from the doc:

"The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining
a Context in server.xml, as it will be infered [sic] from the filenames
used for either the .xml context file or the docBase."

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.