tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Webapps that run on 5.0.28 but not 5.5.x?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:36:54 GMT
> From: Michael Hencin [mailto:michael.hencin@edm-concepts.com]
> Subject: RE: Webapps that run on 5.0.28 but not 5.5.x?
>
> This setup is just as we do with 5.0, but when I access our
> app, I get this error.
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: setAttribute:
> Non-serializable attribute

One of the things 5.5 does better than 5.0 is catch errors earlier.  In
this case, it looks like the app is trying to store a non-serializable
attribute into a Session, which expects everything to be serializable.
By default, Tomcat persists sessions across restarts, so serialization
is required.  You can disable this persistence (look in
conf/context.xml); that may not have an effect on this particular
situation, since the problem is being detected during compilation of a
JSP.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.