tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Harihara Kumar, Juttu Satchidaanandam" <harihara.kumar-...@hp.com>
Subject How to start and stop Tomcat server using Java binaries
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:34:15 GMT
Hello All,

I have a requirement to start and stop the Tomcat server through a perl
script on Windows platform.

I know that I can use the command "net START \"Apache Tomcat\" " to
start the Tomcat server and similarly the command "net STOP \"Apache
Tomcat\" " to stop the Tomcat server through the perl script.

But the problem is that, this command will work only if it is installed
as service and at the same time the service name is "Apache Tomcat". If
the user has installed the Tomcat as service with a different name other
than "Apache Tomcat" then this command will not work.

Hence I need to directly access the java binaries that is used to start
and stop the tomcat server.

Can any one let me know what command should I use in perl script to
start and stop the tomcat server using it's java binaries.

Thanks and Regards,
Harihara Kumar. J.S