tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Maucherat" <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is jsp designed for use by large websites
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:08:26 GMT
On 11/30/06, Nelson, Tracy <tnelson@factsmgt.com> wrote:
> With PHP,
> you tend to have two windows open: editor and browser.  Change the page
> in the editor, save the change, hit refresh on the browser: boom,
> there's your change.

You can do that with JSP too (including taglibs which can be written
as tag files which look just like JSPs - and are editable in place in
the same way too). However, I am not saying JSP is a very good spec or
anything like that, as it is needlessly complicated.

Most of all, it's probably a matter of complexity as others said: when
doing a Java project, people never seem to do a two JSP webapp
(without taglibs, etc).

Rémy