tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Maucherat" <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leaks on webapp redeploy
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:37:13 GMT
On 11/28/06, Mike Quilleash <mike.quilleash@subexazure.com> wrote:
> As a brief aside I found the following code in the
> WebAppClassLoader.releaseResources() of Tomcat 6, so it looks like some
> of the well-known caches are being cleared out by Tomcat itself.

Are you using 5.5 or 6.0 ? If you're using 5.5, then you should be
looking at the 5.5 source.

At the end of the clearReferences method in 5.5, the commons-logging
reference to the classloader is cleared again (along with other leak
friendly static fields) so no leak can occur because of usage of
logging in this method. Investigation has shown there was no leaking
related to logging (and actually no reference being kept anywhere).

Rémy