tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tremal Naik" <tremaln...@gmail.com>
Subject Modifying the response
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 11:11:41 GMT
Hello,
I'm using SSLExt to manage https redirection in a Struts 1.1 project.
SSLExt (http://sslext.sourceforge.net/) is a framework to let Struts
application easily switch back and forth from a secure channel when a
page displays sensitive data (i.e. password input forms)

If the user requests a page marked as secure, sslext performs a
redirection to a https URL. Sslext extracts all the request parameters
and adds them as a query string to the redirection URL. An example
request-response follow:

REQUEST ->

POST http://cor319.ciccio-pasticcio.com:8080/bitastar/admin/usersAdminAction.do
HTTP/1.0
[.....]

actionName=very&long&parameter

RESPONSE <-

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Location: https://cor319.ciccio-pasticcio.com:8443/bitastar/admin/resetPasswords.do?very&long&parameter

As you can see above, the parameter 'actionName' has been extracted
and added to the redirection URL as quesry string.

This causes Explorer 6 giving the error "Cannot find server". Mozilla
Firefox is working fine.

I'd like to filter the response to strip the unnecessary query string
from the Location header. Should I use a Valve or a Filter or what?
May you give me some hints or point me to the right resources
(documentation-tutorials) to solve this problem?

Thanks

--
TREMALNAIK