tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with RemoteAddrValve in Context.xml
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:41:25 GMT
On 11/13/06, Peter Neu <peter.neu@gmx.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to define an ip access filter with RemoteAddrValve in the
> context.xml file I deploy with my war file.
>
> If I read the documentation right the only thing to be done is write the
> following into the context.xml file:

Did you edit this context.xml *after* deploying a WAR? If so, is
there a corresponding config file that Tomcat's copied into
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/{hostname} ? If so, I bet it still
looks like the original one, i.e., no Valve.

> <Context path="/user/public/">

Probably unrelated, but you shouldn't have a path attribute in a
context.xml file under META-INF, and is that *really* what you want
the path to be?