tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat5,Apache2,mod_ssl and mod_jk
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:05:05 GMT
Hi Marx,

I didn't go into the details, but I find it normal, that Directory
directives don't apply to mod_jk. The module simply forwards URLs and
not requests mapped to a file system. So using it together with Location
seems natural to me (and you can argue, if this is more secure or less
than using Directory).

You could block access via apache using Directory, to be on the safe
side, if you misconfigured mod_jk forwarding, and additionally configure
Location based access control for the case of mod_jk forwards.

Regards,

Rainer