tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leonhard Holzer <leonhard.hol...@abuscom.com>
Subject Broken pipe on JDBCRealm
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:26:33 GMT
We are using tomcat 5.0.28 with jdk1.4.2_13 on redhat rhsl9. We
configured the context with an JDBCRealm on a Oracle9i database

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
                 driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
		connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@x.x.x.x:1521:SID"
                 connectionName="yyy" connectionPassword="xxx"
                 userTable="grptusr0" userNameCol="login"
		userCredCol="passwd"
                 userRoleTable="grpturl0" roleNameCol="role"
                 removeAbandoned="true"
                 removeAbandonedTimeout="15"
                 logAbandoned="true"/>

 From time to time we get the following error on the logfile.

2006-11-16 08:13:43 JDBCRealm[/GRIP]: Exception performing authentication
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe
         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:333)
         at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.commit(OracleConnection.java:1345)
         at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:460)
         at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:347)
         at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAuthenticator.java:229)
         at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticat

the strange behavior is, that the client is blocked and gets a white
screen, but when he closes the browser and reopens it, the user is
already logged in.

Has anybody encountered the same problem or can anybody give us some
suggestions?

Best regards
   Leo