tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Alberts <talbe...@msiscales.com>
Subject Re: Manager deploy uploaded war - doesn't use the /WEB-INF/context.xml
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:14:38 GMT
David Smith wrote:
> As I remember you wanted an involved path  -- ie
> path/to/my/webapp/my.jsp ...
>
> Use the path as the war's filename replacing all the / characters with #
> symbols.  Should work

Well before we continue, thank you for the help...

However it's not going well.  I renamed the 'app.war' file as
'path#to#myapp#app.war' and the Manager application took it and said it
was fine.  However the link shows as
'http://host:8080/path#to#myapp#app' and does not work.  When I go back
to the manager though, it shows 2 applications loaded.  The one I
mentioned and something that looks correct
'http://host:8080/path/to/myapp/app'.  Unfortunately, it says that it
can't load this application:

FAIL - Application at context path /path/to/myapp/app could not be started

This seems to be on the right track, but not quite there.