tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accessing ssl pages using client authentication
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:34:11 GMT
Andrew Friebel wrote:
> Mark,
> 	Thanks for your input.  I have got normal SSL working, and that
> works like a charm (using both IE - doGet, and via a servlet - doPost).
Great.

> My certificates are self signed, to answer your questions:
> o	I do not believe this is an issue with self signed certificates
> - as the issuer of the server certificate is created when the keystore
> is created.
I am not sure about this. When I last set this up I had a self-signed
root certificate authority (actually root CAs have to be self signed)
with its own keystore that I then used to sign both the server and the
client certs.

Might be worth giving this a go, again getting basic SSL up and
running first.

Mark