tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Kuznitz" <docf...@theoffice.la>
Subject Is Tomcat a good solution for me?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 21:47:26 GMT
Hi,

I'd like some help in figuring out if Tomcat is right for me.  I currently have
PWS running in '98se with ASP pages.  I have very little traffic.  I'd like to
use the same web pages I currently have.

I'd like to move towards XP Pro.
My first question is should I use Tomcat to replace PWS?
Should I install Apache at the same time or will Tomcat suffice my needs.  I
don't expect to expand the web pages.
Can I install Tomcat on the same PC PWS is currently running and use a
different port for Tomcat while I am testing/configuring the same web pages.
After I know it works I would want to swap ports between PWS and Tomcat.  After
I know Tomcat is fully functional I could remove PWS.
I don't currently have the XP Pro box.  I'd like to migrate everything to
Tomcat on '98 if I could.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.  If I haven't given enough information to
advise me please let me know.

Thank you,

Gary Kuznitz