tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Flatto <as...@atelis.net>
Subject Re: changing the length of the jsessionid
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:51:04 GMT
I took the sources of the 5.0.30 tomcat and made the changes, recompiled
the RPM and installed it on  one of my QC servers .
the session id that is generated from the tomcat is indeed 30 chars but
now it seems that the jvmroute and the balancer in front of it are not
adding the ".x" to the jsessionid .

my balancer config is :

ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster/  lbmethod=bytraffic
stickysession=jsessionid nofailover=Off
   <Proxy balancer://mycluster >
        BalancerMember ajp://172.31.1.1:8081 ttl=60  route=1
#        BalancerMember http://172.31.1.2:8080 ttl=60  route=2
#        BalancerMember ajp://172.31.1.3:8080 ttl=60  route=3
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow from all
    </Proxy>

I specifically changed the ajp port to 8081 - it is not an error , the
connector on the tomcat is defined :

<Connector port="8081" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
protocol="AJP/1.3" />

and the jvmroute is defined :

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="www.foo.com" debug="0" jvmroute="1">

but the end result is  cookie: JSESSIONID=FB5B5218F8A9021652FDE8C270F991

any guess why that is ?

Thanks