tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Thread pool per webapp?
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 20:56:10 GMT
Quoting the original question:

"Let's say I have webapps A and B, and A is more critical webapp.  Let's
say my connector's pool size is 100, and there are 100 concurrent
requests destined for A and B each (so total 200 requests here).  I
would like to allocate 70 threads to process A's requests, and only 30
for B's."

Allocating a portion of the total number of threads to a specific webapp
is partitioning the thread pool.  Think of it as analogous to
partitioning a drive.  The term seemed to fit very well when I wrote the
message.

--David

Martin Gainty wrote:
> Dave-
> to look at all of the properties of all the attributes you can do so by interrogating
jmxproxy ..assuming tomcat is running on localhost and
> listener is configured on 8080
> http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy/?qry=*%3Atype%3DRequestProcessor%2C*
>
> I guess I dont understand the nomenclature of "partition threads between webapps" maybe
you can explain this to us?
> I have a servlet which lists free and working threads  ..more to come when completed
later on this weekend..

> Thx,
> M-
> This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information for the use of the
> designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received
> this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution
or copying of it or its
> contents

<snipped for brevity.... />