tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to get fields list in order
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:11:02 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

>Dave,
>
>David Kerber wrote:
>

>>Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>

>>>Wait... I thought you said you were using JNI...?! Or, are you using
>>>someone else's JNI package to do some dirty tricks? I thought there was
>>>only a C binding for JNI thus far.
>>>

>>I'm using a 3rd party package which handles most of the grunt-work of
>>JNI for me.  If anybody's interested, it's from www.nevaobject.com; I'm
>>using their JavaDllBuilder package, but they have other ones as well.
>>

>JavaDllBuilder looks like it should be used to call Java from another
>language. Are you using this package backwards?

No, I'm using it to make a .dll in java that I can call from VB and
Delphi.  The dll has to take as parameters some rather complex
structures, modify the data in them, and return them back to the calling
prog.  Reading and writing the data from those structures requires that
I know the byte offsets of each piece of data inside them, but the
Coroutine package that is part of JavaDllBuilder provides routines that
make these retrievals one-liners once I know the offsets.  Those
structures and their contents correspond to java classes in my dll
source.  I read the data from the structures, load it into my classes,
do all my processing in java with those regular classes, then write the
data back out of the classes into the structures, and pass it back to
the calling prog.

Dave