tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: Could a bad servlet initializtion stop tomcat?
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 12:04:09 GMT
It may be better to move the "startup code" to a ServletContextListener.
When a ServletContextLister fails on startup - then the webapp is

When the webapp is unavailable - any HTTP based monitoring tool would
pick that up (due the error page returned)

Yaar Schnitman wrote:
> Is there a way to make the failure of a single servlet's initialization
> stop the initialization of the other servlets, or even stop tomcat with
> an error?
> The issue is that my system operators fail to notice initialization errors.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message