tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How stable is tomcat
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:21:46 GMT
Dima Retov wrote:

>Thanks Dave.
>
>What version of JVM have you used?

I believe (not sure) it's 1.5.0_06 on the server; I'm running _07 on my
dev machine.  As Rainer mentioned, don't try to use hot deployment for
busy apps; I always stop tomcat for updates, so my updates tend to be
saved up and posted every few months.  As Rainer also mentioned, check
your memory usage for the first few weeks to be sure you don't have any
leaks.  I had a couple when that busy app first went into beta testing a
couple of years ago, and it wouldn't go more than a week or so without
running into out of memory errors..

Dave