tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How stable is tomcat
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:57:19 GMT
Dima Retov wrote:

>How stable is tomcat with Sun's HotSpot JVM 1.5?
>
>Right now we have apache servers that are up for 3 and 4 months.
>So I guess apache 1.3 may works for months.
>
>How stable is tomcat against apache or other webservers?
>
>Would tomcat be able to work 1 year without restart?

I've had three instances of 5.5.12 running on the same machine for 6
months without a restart, and that restart 6 months ago was due to a
power failure.  One of those instances gets around 2 million
transactions per day.

>I ask that because tomcat with eclipse became unstable twice today.
>(May be it was happening because of debugging mode of JVM)

It's probably not due to tomcat; you have a lot more going on than just
a tomcat server in that situation.

Dave