tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Webapps that run on 5.0.28 but not 5.5.x?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:55:39 GMT
Yes, thanks for the reminder.  That's also something I need to keep in
mind, as my installation guide says to load JRE 1.4.2, and I'm using
5.0.  But again, I'd like to say that 1.4.2-compiled class files
*should* be able to run on a 5.0 JRE.  (I know if you recompile the
source files--which I don't have access to anyway--and have
1.4.2-specific coding such as variables called "enum", that would create
problems.)  But I suspect this would be less of a given than having a
5.0.28-able application be able to run on 5.5.20.

Thanks,
Glen