tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: tomcat-5.5.20 tld listeners from jars only from .../tomcat/common/lib?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:23:36 GMT
While this relevant to a more generic question of classloaders, it
doesn't address the OP's issue.

Zsolt -- can we get a bit more context for this?  My experience with
taglibs is they work just find under tc 5.5.x.

--David

Martin Gainty wrote:

>Hi Zsolt-
>
>Straight from the doc
>http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html
>If you're using webappX classloader the search order is
>  a.. Bootstrap classes of your JVM
>  b.. System class loader classses (described above)
>    a.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar - Contains the main() method that is used to
initialize the Tomcat 5 server, and the class loader implementation classes it depends on.

>    b.. $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar - Contains the "javac" compiler used to convert JSP pages
into servlet classes.
>    c.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-logging-api.jar - Jakarta commons logging API.
>    d.. $CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar - Jakarta commons daemon API.
>    e.. jmx.jar - The JMX 1.2 implementation.
>  c.. /WEB-INF/classes of your web application
>  d.. /WEB-INF/lib/*.jar of your web application
>  e.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes
>  f.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed/*.jar
>  g.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/i18n/*.jar
>  h.. $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/*.jar
>  i.. $CATALINA_BASE/shared/classes
>  j.. $CATALINA_BASE/shared/lib/*.jar
>
>  Martin--
>This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information for the use of the
>designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received