tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: hardware requisites to run tomcat
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:08:09 GMT
errm... the question should be reverted...

how many requests per second are expected?
how long will a request last in average?
will there be any other components on the same server, like database
or something?
do your applications rely on any external resources like filesystem,
db or a legacy system?

get the figures, take factor 10 for peak times (if any are expected)
and than you can decide.

regards
Leon