tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Peytavin <decouvert...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Web.xml - mime-type definition for file without extension
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:53:07 GMT
Hello,

Here is my situation: I have audio files that are not named "foo.wav"
but "foo". As a consequence, Tomcat does not define a content-type for
these files as "audio/x-wav" since they are not matching with the
extension ".wav". Finally, they are not correctly interpreted by the
client.

I have tried to define the following mime-mapping in this way, but it does not work:

<!-- For files without extension, default mime-type is "audio/x-wav" -->

    <mime-mapping>

        <extension></extension>

        <mime-type>audio/x-wav</mime-type>

    </mime-mapping>

<!-- Of course, for *.wav files, the mime-type is also "audio/x-wav" -->

    <mime-mapping>

        <extension>wav</extension>

        <mime-type>audio/x-wav</mime-type>

    </mime-mapping>

Is there a way to define the content-type in Tomcat config files
to say files without extension have a mime-type set to "audio/x-wav"?

(If possible, I'd like to avoid using a servlet to set the mime-type for files without extension).

Your advice are very welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

Vincent

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com