tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Warren <elki...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: virtual host getRealPath
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 23:29:24 GMT
Chris,

  The application is an image gallery.  I want to be able to drop images into directories
anywhere underneath the "gallery" webapp directory and have the images automatically displayed
as thumbnails in a table.  Users can click on a thumbnail for the full-size image.  I have
an index.jsp file that creates thumbnails for all the images in a directory and then generates
the html to display them.  Since I don't want to have to drop an index.jsp file into every
image directory, I set up a forwarding filter that forwards any request for a directory to
"/index.jsp" (the filter ignores other request urls).  To get the real path of the directory
that corresponds to the requested url, I use:

  String servletPath = (String) request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.forward.servlet_path");
  String realPath = application.getRealPath(servletPath);

  > You still have to add the request's URI to the end of that.

  I don't seem to.  For example, a request for: http://www.nomad.org/gallery/test yields a
servlet path of "/test/" and a real path of:

  C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\dev\webapps\www.nomad.org\gallery\pg

  which is just what I need.  Now with the real path, I can process the target image directory
by making thumbnails if necessary and laying out the html thumbnail table.

  It's up and working at http://www.nomad.org/gallery.

  Peter

Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low  PC-to-Phone call rates.