tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <>
Subject Re: Tomcat at port 443
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:42:42 GMT
Andrea König wrote:
> I have to modify the default tomcat port 8080 to another port because
> there is a another application running at port 8080. If I want to
> connect on https I get an error message that the connection is refused.
> What must I else modify to connect at https when tomcat is running at a
> non default port.

1. To change the ports Tomcat binds to, modify conf/server.xml appropriately:
(if you're using Tomcat 5.5).

2. Accessing an HTTP Connector via HTTPS will not work - regardless whether or
not Tomcat listens to "the default" port.
If you want Tomcat to be accessible via HTTPS, you have to set up a HTTPS
Connector. The stock web.xml contains one which is commented by default.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message