tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Clemens Eisserer" <>
Subject Suddenly server only throws ClientAbortException :-/
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:56:38 GMT

One of our users is using Tomcat 4.1.29/java-1.4.2 on w2k3 server, and
he has strange problems with our webservice.
Tomcat suddenly throws at every request a ClientAbortException, like
the following:

ERROR 2006-10-30 07:21:17,736 - ClientAbortException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.append(
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.OutputBuffer.writeBytes(
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.OutputBuffer.write(
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteOutputStream.write(

The problem can only be resolved by restarting the service.

If this is a known problem - I don't care and advice my user to
upgrade, however its kind of hard if I am not sure (those are
production servers at a very large company).
Is this a known problem, is there something I could do to prevent
these failures or whats causing them?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: