tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josué Alcalde González <>
Subject Re: Tomcat and JSF. Internet Explorer prompts for download
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:14:36 GMT
El mié, 08-11-2006 a las 10:11 +0100, Josué Alcalde González escribió:

Thanks for your answers.

I will talk about my experiences with the solutions.

I try to define a mime-type in web.xml, but it didn't work.

Studying the source code in Internet Explorer (the file he tries to
download), I realize that <html> tag was in the 5 or 6 line.

And yes, it works if <html> is the first thing in the document.
I thougth the problem was not the lines, but that they were UNIX Line
delimeters, because I am working on linux.

I think IE tries to find <html> even if it is not in the firs line, but
it does not work with UNIX line delimeters.

So, that is the best solution: covert line delimeters to windows line

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message