tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Friebel" <>
Subject Accessing ssl pages using client authentication
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:48:18 GMT
When I try and access a page that is using client authentication, I get
a http 404 error (not available).
I need to try and access this page (using https) by the following
*	Web Browser
*	Another servlet (posting data to it).
The web.xml file for the authentication looks like:
        <web-resource-name>My Test Realm</web-resource-name>
     <realm-name>My Test Realm</realm-name>
When I comment out this component of the XML, I can access the page
(both via https & http).  I believe that I require the above xml in
web.xml, as I want to access the certificate information that is sent to
Assistance is greatly appreciated.
Andrew Friebel