tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Friebel" <andr...@reynolds.com.au>
Subject Accessing ssl pages using client authentication
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:48:18 GMT
When I try and access a page that is using client authentication, I get
a http 404 error (not available).

I need to try and access this page (using https) by the following
methods:

*	Web Browser
*	Another servlet (posting data to it).

The web.xml file for the authentication looks like:

<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>My Test Realm</web-resource-name>
        <url-pattern>/RRTest</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
        <role-name>fis</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
    <security-role>
      <role-name>fis</role-name>
    </security-role>

  <login-config>
     <auth-method>CLIENT_CERT</auth-method>
     <realm-name>My Test Realm</realm-name>
  </login-config>

When I comment out this component of the XML, I can access the page
(both via https & http).  I believe that I require the above xml in
web.xml, as I want to access the certificate information that is sent to
it.

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew Friebel